News

CareyWeekly Newsletter 2023 S1 Week 16

CareyWeekly Newsletter 2023 S1 Week 16

by Student Communication -
Number of replies: 0
CAREY WEEKLY NEWSLETTER 2023 SEMESTER 1 WEEK 16

Psalm 16:7-9

7 I will bless the Lord who has advised me;
Indeed, my mind instructs me in the night.
8 I have set the Lord continually before me;
Because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken.
9 Therefore my heart is glad and my glory rejoices.

While classes have come to an end, and you're working hard on final assessments, we hope you are able to see the Lord continually before you, advising you, and instructing you. And as you work on those final assessments, we're praying for you to have clarity, productivity, and excellence along the way.

If you're needing some help, we have lots of ways to support you this next week. Read on to find out what we've got for you. 

End of Semester IMPORTANT Message

With the semester one coming to a close, please note the following:

• SEMESTER ONE ENDS FRIDAY, 23 JUNE.
  • All final assessments must be submitted to CareyOnline by 23 June at 11.59pm.

Assessment extensions must be submitted and approved by the Academic Registrar prior to due dates.

If you need an extension, please complete an Application for Extension to Complete Assement and email it to Neroli on neroli.hollis@carey.ac.nz. The end of semester and marking timeframes outlined below constrain what is possible around any approved extensions. It is critical that you talk to Neroli if you are unable to meet the 23 June assessment submission timeframe!

Semester one final assessments will be released on CareyOnline on Friday, 7 July. Your Student Portal gives you access to your final course grades that same day, provided you have completed your assignments. If you require an actual transcript please also connect with Neroli Hollis.

Get those Final Assessments Lined Up!

Have you looked at teacher feedback from previous assessments on CareyOnline?
Have you used the resources on the 10 Essentials?
Have you talked to the library team about how to find good resources?
Have you used the referencing guides?
Have you used a Peer Writing Assistant?
Have you talked with the Paihere Student Support team?

Our student support team are here to help you move that B to an A or that C to a B! Talk to us!

Change of Course

If you need to add, remove, or change a course for semester two 2023, it's not that hard. Just complete this Application to Change Courses and get it to Neroli. Easy peasy!

Treats in the Library

Did you know, in addition to the most amazing staff imaginable, that there are treats in the library? This week we had weird (but yummy!) blue and white marshmallow sticks. Who knows what you could get next week--you never know what might turn up!

Come see Mei Ling, Anna, and Siong in the library for any help you need, as well as treats. Hours are still the same, even as classes wind down:

Monday to Thursday 8.30am-6.30pm
Friday 9am-5pm
Saturday 10am-12.30pm

No Community Lunch and Karakia

Community lunch and karakia are on hiatus until semester two, which starts 17 July. See you next semester!