News

S1 Week 14 @ Carey

S1 Week 14 @ Carey

by Deleted user -
Number of replies: 0
SEMESTER 1  |  TEACHING WEEK 14
Yesterday Her Royal Highness Queen Elizabeth II received a new rose named after the Duke of Edinburgh, to mark the day that would have been his 100th birthday. 
It is a special rose that she has had planted in her garden.

Perhaps this week you could light a candle, plant something or go and sit somewhere to remember someone you love. 

My dad died two years ago and although his grave is in Hastings and I can't physically be there, I sit and remember him. What about you?

CHAPEL WORSHIP - Breakfast by the Beach: A Feast of Abundance or A Simple Spread?

Sam Kilpatrick will be speaking this week.

PLEASE BRING A RUG TO SIT ON!

MONDAY AND TUESDAY LUNCHES

See you at 12.40pm on Monday and 12.00pm on Tuesday. 

LOOKING FOR STUDENT PREACHERS FOR RETIREMENT VILLAGE 

Can you help?

Phil Halstead writes:
I have a wondering? A friend of my (now deceased) mother rang me yesterday from Powley Village Blockhouse Bay. She wondered if a few Carey students would be willing to preach a ten-minute sermon to mostly 70 plus year-olds at their Sunday chapel service once every two or so months.

If this is something you would be willing and able to do please contact Phil - email him at phil.halstead@carey.ac.nz and he'll connect you. 

ASSESSMENT TIME 

Go well with your final assessments over the coming weeks. Remember the Peer Writers are there to help, the library team can assist with finding articles and resources AND with your referencing! Use the resources in the 10 Essentials!

ENROLMENT FOR SEMESTER TWO - RETURNING STUDENTS 

Remember to get Rob Ayres (rob.ayres@carey.ac.nz) your Change of Enrolment form if you need to change your enrolment that you put in at the beginning of the year or if you did not lock in semester two courses at the beginning of the year. 
Rob needs this by Friday 25 June.

PEER WRITING ASSISTANTS 

Do you want some support with assignment writing? Do you know about our Peer Writing Assistants? We have a new Peer Writing Assistants (PWAs) team who have volunteered their time to work with students to help them with academic writing and academic literacy.

Talk to the library team or the PWA team if you want to know more about what a PWA can do for you! Thank you Rebecca Pullen, Susanna Denby, Grace Paddison and Jono Edmeades!

The team won’t write your assignment for you ?, but WILL help you with the process of writing and give you feedback on the overall structure of your work. If you would like help with your assessments, you are able to book time with one of our PWA team.

Appointments can be in-person on campus, or online (Zoom etc). For an appointment, please contact the library (NOT the PWA team) as below:
For an extended one-to-one booking (30 minute or 60 minute options) email : library@carey.ac.nz and include:
  • Your name and student ID number
  • Identify which assessment you are focussing on (course, assessment outline)
  • Identify if you want a 30 minute or 60 minute slot
Email the library with your preferred time and you will be given an appointment.  Confirm your appointment time within 48 hours.
If you have questions, feel free to talk with any of the library team.
The library is:
  • open on Saturday 5th June 2021 from 10am - 12.30pm
  • closed on Monday 7th June 2021 as it is a public holiday.
Normal hours resume on Tuesday 8th June 2021.
Did you know that colouring-in is good for your mental health?
Colouring-in good for mental health: Otago study | Otago Daily Times Online News (odt.co.nz)

Why not give it a go this week. Head to the library and grab a piece of paper to colour.