News

Semester 2w1 @ Carey - Info to kick start your study (again?)

Semester 2w1 @ Carey - Info to kick start your study (again?)

by Deleted user -
Number of replies: 0
SEMESTER 2   |   WEEK 1

#COVID-19 QUILT

This quilt tells a story.
Nothing fancy and not perfect at all.
It was made during lockdown using remnants that I could find at home. It is an excellent reminder of the time that I have to move out of my comfort zone. It was a season of learning new things. It was sewed in small blocks, then put together block by block. The process was long, but the result was satisfying. I encountered many obstacles, such as issues with the sewing machine and a period of waiting before I could get the backing material in order to complete the project. The learning was beautiful.

It is my prayer that you begin this semester with a desire to learn, and despite the obstacles, you will be transformed, and the learning journey will be naturally beautiful.    

Siong Ng | Library Extraordinare

WE'RE BACK ON CAMPUS (AND ON ZOOM!)

CHAPEL WORSHIP

Chapel begins on-site this Tuesday at 11.15am with Phil Halstead speaking on 1 Timothy 2:1-8.
Phil has been on sabbatical this past semester so it will be great to have him back on campus and amongst us again!

COMMUNITY LUNCHES

(12.30pm Monday | 12pm Tuesday)
Join us on Monday and Tuesday for our Community Lunches. This is a great time to get to know other students and staff while enjoying a delicious lunch together.

WEDNESDAY ONLINE PRAYER MEETING

(12.40pm - 1pm)
this semester rather than meeting in the chapel, we will meet on Zoom for our weekly prayer session.
Here’s the link: https://zoom.us/j/94687555918

All are free to join as we pray for our community, nation and the world.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION FROM NEROLI

It’s Week 1 of Carey – welcome all students (onsite or distance you are one and the same at Carey ?).

Make sure you are aware that each Odd Week (beginning Monday 20th July) and Each Even Week (Beginning Monday 27th July) has a slightly different timetable (to accommodate ZOOM sessions). ?

Please remember to check the timetable so that you know what times your classes are on and when your ZOOM meetings are (each course typically  has a one hour  ZOOM session each fortnight) eg Mission of God has on Monday 20th July a ZOOM session at 1:30pm – 2:30pm (you ZOOM in from wherever you are) and then onsite class is 6:30pm – 8:30pm.  Distance students please try to make the ZOOM sessions if possible (but these are also recorded).

If you need to change our enrolment please do the Change of Enrolment form and get it to me (Neroli the Academic Registrar – registrar@carey.ac.nz) – this form is also required if you are changing levels.

If you are starting in Semester Two you will notice First Steps on your Careyonline courses – this is a required course to introduce you to all things Carey and Academic ??

ID cards will be available to be collected from Reception (once you have signed your Public Trust form and paid your fees) – if a distance student the ID card will be posted to you once this has happened.

Remember to note the Student Handbook and where to find help (academic, pastoral etc)   

Updated Timetable with Odd and Even Weeks included.

Click on the image to download your copy. Copies are also available at reception.

LIBRARY HOURS

Mon-Thursday 8:30am-6:30pm
Friday 9am-5pm
Saturday 10am-12:30pm

LIBRARY BOOK SALE!

Oldies but goodies.
Book sale in the library. Come and have a look. You will never know what you would find. $1 each!

NEW BOOKS

At the front entrance to the library is the new books display.
Check out the latest editions to the library next time you're in.
The latest include The Spirit, and the Salvation of the Urban Poor and Figural Reading and the old Testament.

CANTERBURY STUDENTS MEET UP WITH SARAH

Sarah Harris is going to be in Christchurch on Monday 27th July and she would love to connect with any students who would like to chat about their studies, ask questions and be encouraged.

We'll meet at Pillars Cafe (Oxford Terrace Baptist Church) @ 10am.

Email events@carey.ac.nz if you're keen to join. Sarah is shouting the coffee.

AND THIS IS WAITING FOR YOU

(Once you've handed in your assignments on time and talk sweetly to Neroli smile)