News

Staff news

Staff news

by John Tucker -
Number of replies: 0

Kia ora koutou,

I hope you’re enjoying your study break, and that it’s both fruitful and restful. Many of you will be involved this week with Easter ministry commitments. I’m praying for you, that you’d know God’s gracious hand on you and those you serve, and that many people will be transformed by the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ.

I’m also writing to let you know that Dr Myk Habets, who is currently on sabbatical leave, will be finishing at Carey at the end of this semester. Myk has been at Carey since 2005, nearly 15 years. During that time, he has made a massive contribution. Through his teaching, writing and leadership, he has strengthened our programmes, extended our research, and enriched our community. We will miss him very much.

Myk is leaving Carey to take up the role of Head of the School of Theology at Laidlaw College. This appointment presents an exciting new challenge and opportunity for Myk, but it also opens up new possibilities for us. God has been very good to Carey in the past, providing us with one exceptional staff member after another. I’m looking forward to seeing what he does this time. He is guiding Myk’s steps, and he will guide ours (Proverbs 16:9).

If you are in one of Myk’s second semester courses, you needn’t worry. Myk will teach his Masters course on Third Article Theology, and he will probably also teach his two undergraduate courses. We have yet to make a final decision about how Spirit and Trinity will be taught, but be assured that these courses will be proceeding as planned, and you will not be adversely affected in any way. We will let you know clarifying details as soon as plans are finalised. Myk will also continue to supervise all his thesis and research essay students through to completion.

Myk writes: “I have loved my time at Carey and I am deeply appreciative of the staff, faculty, students, and supporters of the College. Carey is a unique place and I will always have fond memories of my time here.” If you have any questions, or you’d like to talk about this, please come and see me.

God bless,

John