News

Community Life

Community Life

by Deleted user -
Number of replies: 0

Dear Carey Students

I am writing to encourage you to make our Tuesday Formation and Community activities a priority at Carey this semester.

10am     The Formation Group
This is a great opportunity to have a break from the study and to spend some time with God and other Carey students in a small group setting. The Formation Group is facilitated by a Carey staff member and held in the student lounge. This week look out for Neroli Hollis and her baking!

11:15am     Community Worship
Chapel is one of my highlights each week!  I love the fact we can come together for 45 minutes and worship. Each week a Carey staff member will present a message. In 2017 the theme is BUMP. Bumping spaces are places “where people come together to meet, share ideas or local knowledge, relate to one another, get comfort, feel connected and have the potential to co-create a vibrant world.” From a Kingdom/Gospel perspective where are our bumping spaces?  When do we ‘bump’ into others?  How many people do we meet, say hello to, or have a conversation with, during an average day?  When and where do we experience the unexpected?  Where do you meet or see others who don’t know Jesus?  People who are different from us?  Do we even take part in activities with others?  Come along and be encouraged. Please do support this important time in our week.

12pm     Community Lunch
This is where community really happens! Sit down with your fellow students, and a Carey staff member, and enjoy a free lunch together. The interviews are a great opportunity to learn about what drives some of our most effective leaders. Spouses are always welcome.

I love these comments from Mark Lamberton, “Although God clearly provides gifts for ministry, greater influence comes through character; the fruit of God’s Spirit. Charisma, winsomeness, popularity, charm, cleverness can matter. The greater testimony, however, comes from a character shaped by the love of Jesus, consistently demonstrated in ordinary action.”  Please support our community life, and invest in your character, by joining in our Tuesday Formation activities!

God bless you

Charles

(Edited by Sam Kilpatrick - original submission Monday, 1 August 2016, 5:18 PM)