Psalm 18:31-36

31 For who is God except the Lord?
And who is a rock besides our God?
32 The God who has girded me with strength
and made my way safe.
33 He made my feet like the feet of a deer
and set me secure on the heights.
34 He trains my hands for war,
so that my arms can bend a bow of bronze.
35 You have given me the shield of your salvation,
and your right hand has supported me;
your help has made me great.
36 You gave me a wide place for my steps under me,
and my feet did not slip.

Support is always close by

This is the time of year where deadlines get closer, and your stress indicators might be a bit more active. But don’t fret, because all the help in the world is at hand, and you’ve still got some time to make the most of it. Talk to the library staff, set up a Peer Writing Assistant session, talk to your teachers, reach out to Denise, Jarrahmal or Jacqui, or reach out to Neroli. You’ve got this!

The end (of semester) is near!

The end of the semester is approaching, and ALL assignments need to be in by 15 November. Late submissions will NOT be accepted, unless you have approval from Neroli.

If you need an extension, please talk to your teacher and Neroli, and complete an application for an extension.

Get your Carey merch!

We just placed a new Carey merchandise order, so now is your chance to get in. We’ve got hoodies, beanies, and t-shirts. Come to reception, or ask Nicola if you want something.

Price list

T-shirts: $30
Hoodies: $65
Beanies: $15

The Library

Stop in or email the library for anything you need, whether you need help with your assessments or gathering resources. Also, they love to chat and encourage you, so that’s a great reason to stop by too!

Library hours

Monday to Thursday: 8.30am to 6.30pm
Friday: 9am to 5pm
Saturday: 10am to 12.30pm

Library tip—marking rubric

Are you aware that there is a marking rubric for every assignment? It is found in your course outline and is super helpful for understanding the requirements of your assignments. If you want to smash your next one, be sure to review the rubric thoroughly!

Course evaluations complete

Thank you for those who completed the course evaluations. Your teaching team will be providing feedback in class for relevant courses.

Your feedback helps us to continually explore ways of improving what we do, so thanks heaps!

SENDing 2024 is TOMORROW @7pm

SENDing is a special time in the life of many of our students. Each year, we celebrate and send (hence, the name) our graduating Intermissioners, Youth Pastoral Leadership students, and Pastoral Leadership students.

It’s pretty epic, and you’re invited to come along. Also, we will be celebrating our beloved Principal, John Tucker, who will be moving on from his role at the end of the year.

Here are the details:

When: Saturday, 19 October 2024 at 7pm
Where: Māngere Bridge Baptist Church

Check out our Facebook event for more details and to let us know you’re coming.

Community rhythms

As the semester is in the home stretch, it as important as ever to remain grounded. What better way to do that than by soaking in the Word and connecting with others? Well, karakia on Tuesdays at 11.15am is a great way to do the former. And, the latter? There’s Coffee, Convo, and Cake on Mondays at 12.15pm and community lunch on Tuesdays after karakia.

And then just casual conversations the rest of the time with your teachers and mates! Make the most of all of this if you’re on campus!

Facebook icon
Instagram icon
LinkedIn icon

Copyright © 2024 Carey Baptist College, All rights reserved.