News

CareyWeekly Newsletter 2022 S2 Week 16

CareyWeekly Newsletter 2022 S2 Week 16

by Student Communication -
Number of replies: 0
CAREY WEEKLY 2022 SEMESTER 2 WEEK 16

Love is Like Oatmeal

In a few days time, the chapter of my life that is full-time study at Carey will draw to a close. To be honest, that's too gentle a phrase. Perhaps it's more accurate to say that it'll screech to a halt. Suddenly the routines that I know and love--the day-to-day classes, books, community lunches, and hallway conversations--will be gone. My time spent studying and learning and growing and relating has built me up in so many ways over the last three years, and I have been transformed for the better. Yet that transformation wasn’t due to my own striving or efforts, but due to the holy gift of genuine relationship with you all, and the grace of an unyieldingly faithful God.

I'm filled with gratitude for the Carey community, and am hopeful for the way God is working in and through every one of us. Look after yourselves in these final days and know how deeply and genuinely loved you are. 

"Love is like oatmeal: it sustains you." - Captain Holt (Brooklyn Nine-Nine)

Over and out, 

Rebecca 

IMPORTANT End of Semester Message

With the semester one coming to a close, please note the following:

• Semester one ends Friday, 18 November.
  • All final assessments must be submitted to CareyOnline by 18 November.

Assessment extensions must be submitted and approved by the Academic Registrar prior to due dates.

Please complete an Application for Extension to Complete Assement and email it to Neroli on neroli.hollis@carey.ac.nz. The end of semester and marking timeframes outlined below constrain what is possible around any approved extensions. It is critical that you talk to Neroli if you are unable to meet the 18 November assessment submission timeframe!

Semester two results will be released on CareyOnline on Friday, 2 December. Your Student Portal gives you access to your final course grades. If you require an actual transcript please also connect with Neroli Hollis.

Re-enrolment for 2023

You will receive a link via the Student Portal by the end of the semester to enrol for 2023. If you have any questions, please check with Neroli. Re-enrolment needs to be completed by 9 December.

The Library

As always, stop by and see the amazing library staff anytime during regular hours. And if you needed any additional incentive, there are sweet goodies to reward you on a nearly-done semester.

Library hours remain the same:

• Monday to Thursday 8.30am-6.30pm
  • Friday 9am-5pm
  • Saturday 10am-12.30pm

You're Nearly There!

One way or another, this semester is soon coming to an end. So, make it a wonderful end! Hang in there, keep up the good work, and finish strong. You're nearly there!