News

A Message from John on Lidy's Retirement

A Message from John on Lidy's Retirement

by Student Communication -
Number of replies: 0

Kia ora koutou,

I’m writing to let you know that Lidy Schreuder will be retiring at the end of November. Lidy has worked at Carey for nineteen years, making her one of our longest-serving team members. During her time here she has done everything from compiling the infamous “blue books,” through to the complex processing of invoices through the Public Trust. As Carey’s receptionist/administrator, Lidy has served students, staff, and guests with diligence and warmth and care. Lidy says she has loved working at Carey: “It has been a real privilege and such a blessing, but I feel it is now the right time to spend more time with family.”

Lidy has told me the story of how she came to Carey all those nineteen years ago. It was very much a case of Jesus calling her to the role. I’m so glad that Lidy obeyed that call. We have been enriched by her presence and service among us. We will miss her enormously. Lidy’s last day with us will be Wednesday, 30 November, so be sure to stop by reception and let Lidy know how much you appreciate her.

Kia tau te aroha noa. Grace be with you.

John