News

CareyWeekly Newsletter 2022 S2 Week 10

CareyWeekly Newsletter 2022 S2 Week 10

by Student Communication -
Number of replies: 0
CAREY WEEKLY 2022 SEMESTER 2 WEEK 10

Inspiration from a Gingerbread Man

Last year, I spent my Christmas with a family. One day, their eight-year-old boy helped us to make gingerbread biscuits. The boy made a giant gingerbread man for himself.

After finishing the baking, the boy took out his giant gingerbread man from the oven and gently placed it on a plate. As we sat down at a table and got ready to enjoy our freshly baked biscuits, the boy looked at his "man" for a little while, then he said to “him,” “Your life is too short."

I laughed and said to the boy, "Well, the gingerbread man will give his life for you because he will stay in your body and make you stronger and bigger."

"Yep,” the boy replied, "that’s the reason I made him."

Whoa! That’s really true! Our life is short but God has a reason to create us to give our life for Him.

So, I ask myself, what is the reason I was created for?

Mei Ling

Weekly Karakia

Christa McKirland will be sharing with us during our weekly karakia this Tuesday. Join us in the chapel or join us via Zoom for worship together.

Meeting ID: 924 5851 4246.

We can't wait to see you!!

Community Lunch

Come along on Monday at 12.15pm and Tuesday at 12pm for amazing kai and whakawhanaungatanga.

And don't forget the set-up and clean-up duties for the term. The following classes are set to help this week:

MONDAY SET-UP 

MONDAY CLEAN-UP

TUESDAY SET-UP 

TUESDAY CLEAN-UP 

Christian Spirituality 

Intermission

PL/YPL 

Intro OT

Open Day on Tuesday

There is still time to invite a friend along to Open Day next week on Tuesday, 4 October.

If you are on campus Tuesday, we encourage you to spread a little Carey kindness to anyone attending.

And don't forget about the $50 voucher to the cinema that will be given away in a prize draw for those who bring a friend!

Library News

The library staff are always keen to assist you, so stop by or send an email. They are the best!

Monday to Thursday 8.30am-6.30pm
Friday 9am-5pm
Saturday 10am-12.30pm

Planning to Graduate in 2023?

If you have completed a qualification this year or plan to have done so by the end of the year, please complete an Application to Graduate 2023 form on CareyOnline.

Focus Groups

Focus groups are still running, so if you want to come along to a feedback session with others from your cohort group, sign up today. There's a Zoom option available for each group as well. 

Certificate and Diploma Level 5: Monday, 3 October (1.30-2.30pm) 
Bachelor’s: Wednesday, 5 October (12.15-1.15pm) 
Postgraduates: Thursday 6 October (1.30-2.30pm) 

Food will be provided for on-site attendees!