Kia ora koutou,
New Zealand has now moved to the Red setting of the COVID-19 Protection Framework as Omicron is potentially now transmitting in the community. See below for what this means for campus activities at Carey.
- At Red, staff must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (unless exempt) to be onsite at tertiary providers. At this stage, staff do not need a booster dose to be fully vaccinated.
- Students and visitors must also be fully vaccinated (unless exempt) and have a valid My Vaccine Pass to be onsite.
- Face coverings must be used indoors in areas that are open to the public and during formal teaching and learning activities (unless an exemption applies). Capacity limits based on 1m distancing are also required.
- Where possible, Carey will make learning options available for those who are unable or unwilling to attend classes being held onsite.
- Onsite businesses and services should operate subject to COVID-19 Protection Framework guidelines and rules for the relevant sector (e.g., retail, hospitality, gyms, close-proximity businesses). Guidelines for these businesses and services are available on the business.govt.nz website: COVID-19 Protection Framework (traffic lights) - business.govt.nz
You can find more detailed guidance on the Ministry of Education website: Tertiary and international education at Red.
We will keep you posted with any developments, and staff are available via email and phone as normal. May God continue to bless you and your whānau.