News

S1 Week 17 @ Carey - Final newsletter of the semester

S1 Week 17 @ Carey - Final newsletter of the semester

删除的用户 -
回帖数:0
SEMESTER 1  |  WEEK 17
A few weeks ago, I went to the Zoo. It might be a little strange, but it’s the place I go when I’m just feeling a little weary and need something to fill me again. When I’m feeling tired or down or just a little bit “meh” and need to be reminded of something good. When I’m feeling disconnected and just want to be with Jesus. As I walked around and stopped at the various enclosures, aviaries, and open spaces, I was captivated and inspired by the creative presence of God. Each animal created in a way that works uniquely for their environment and with the abilities and physical attributes they need to survive. But more than just survival, the rich diversity of colours and sounds. Of ingenious forms of mobility and form. Of just outfight creativity, imagination and even humour.

Being at the zoo reminds me of the incredible beauty of creation and the love and joy of the God who created it all. The same God who created me. God used that same creativity, imagination, and intentionality when He made me.  All the same beauty and goodness that I see in His creation, He sees in me. I left the zoo that day feeling loved, inspired, and filled with joy.

As we head into a period of rest between semesters, my encouragement would be to find your place. Where is it that just helps you see and connect with the beauty of our Creator. It might not be a place, but an incredible artwork, or a particularly beautiful piece of music. Whatever or wherever it is that reminds you of the God who created and loves you, spend some time there and be filled.

Anna Schroeder
CRM Project Manager

CHAPEL AND LUNCHES ARE FINISHED

We are taking a break from Chapel and lunches until Semester Two starts on 26th July.

You are still more than welcome to use the facilities, including the kitchen. Just make sure you do your dishes!!

ASSESSMENT TIME 

Final assessments are due by Friday 2nd July. ALL assessments MUST be received by this date.

Please remember that there are resources on CareyOnline to help you with assessment writing (10 Essentials), the library team are there to help with finding appropriate research /resources and referencing questions, and the Peer Writing Team are also available to help.

The Paihere Student Support team (Tanya and Jordyn) can also help direct you to the appropriate support. If you have questions about the assessment question or task please get in touch with your teacher!

SEMESTER TWO COURSES

You should have confirmed your course selection with Neroli by now for Semester two. If not, please get in touch with her next week - neroli.hollis@carey.ac.nz. Thank you!

PEER WRITING ASSISTANTS 

Do you want some support with assignment writing? Do you know about our Peer Writing Assistants? We have a new Peer Writing Assistants (PWAs) team who have volunteered their time to work with students to help them with academic writing and academic literacy.

Talk to the library team or the PWA team if you want to know more about what a PWA can do for you! Thank you Rebecca Pullen, Susanna Denby, Grace Paddison and Jono Edmeades!

The team won’t write your assignment for you ?, but WILL help you with the process of writing and give you feedback on the overall structure of your work. If you would like help with your assessments, you are able to book time with one of our PWA team.

Appointments can be in-person on campus, or online (Zoom etc). For an appointment, please contact the library (NOT the PWA team) as below:
For an extended one-to-one booking (30 minute or 60 minute options) email : library@carey.ac.nz and include:
  • Your name and student ID number
  • Identify which assessment you are focussing on (course, assessment outline)
  • Identify if you want a 30 minute or 60 minute slot
Email the library with your preferred time and you will be given an appointment.  Confirm your appointment time within 48 hours.
If you have questions, feel free to talk with any of the library team.
Library hours this coming week.

Monday – Thursday 8:30am-6:30pm
Friday 9:00am-5:00pm

Library hours during the intertester break
Monday – Friday 9:00am-5:00pm 
A Final Thought. I saw this as I was googling and thought it would encourage you. Don't compare yourself or focus on what others are doing - stay on your track and keep plugging away at those assignments.