News

S1 Week 10 @ Carey - Welcome back!

S1 Week 10 @ Carey - Welcome back!

by Deleted user -
Number of replies: 0

• SEMESTER 1  |  TEACHING WEEK 10
    I’ve been taking part in a digital conference this week on the integration of psychology and theology. One of the speakers, Robert Emmons, talked about the virtue of gratitude and how central this is to human flourishing. While he also discussed the problems of instrumentalizing this virtue (i.e. “I’m grateful so I can flourish”), it was a great reminder to me of the importance of this practice.

So here goes, I am grateful for you students and staff. These past sixteen months have been, literally, transformative for me. I have felt seen, known, loved, and carried throughout this wild ride. You have been so gracious to me and my family. I love looking around my home and seeing physical reminders of your care for us: that bed from Sandy, that washing machine from Kathryn, that vacuum cleaner from Liz, those couches from the library, and so much more.

I am so grateful to Jesus for this Carey community and I hope you are able to take a minute to reflect on what you have to be grateful for as well.

Christa McKirland

CHAPEL WORSHIP - Come and Feast with Guest Speaker: Reti Ah-Voa

Northern Baptist Association Regional Leader, Reti Ah-Voa, will be speaking in Chapel.

Reti is a Carey alumna and former staff member, Reti Ah-Voa and always speaks from the heart with warmth and a deep love for her Saviour.

MONDAY AND TUESDAY LUNCHES

See you at 12.40pm on Monday and 12.00pm on Tuesday for the last lunches before the break!!
    If the weather's good you could always challenge Sam to volleyball.....

ASSESSMENT EXTENSIONS 

A reminder that if you have a valid ? reason for needing to request an extension to an assessment due date, fill out the form (CareyOnline – Forms for Students) and return this in advance to Neroli (neroli.hollis@carey.ac.nz).

Get involved with Mission Week.

Our Carey theme for the year is ‘Feast’. It’s an invitation to receive all that God gives. But the feast that God provides is not only for us, it is for all, and especially those who are in most need. So how do we share the feast with them?
    How is food being shared with those who need it in your neighbourhood? Pataka kai? School breakfast clubs? Community gardens?
    Post your photos, descriptions and video clips to Carey’s Facebook page or Instagram using #sharethefeastcarey and see how our community is sharing the feast.
    Bring a can or packet (non-perishable item) to contribute to our kete.

We’ll fill it up over Mission Week and donate it to a local initiative.
    BRING A FRIEND!!

Invite someone else to begin their own journey of discovering more about God and the bible. 
    Share/comment/like our FB Event and help us spread the word.
    Here's the page on our website.
    Library hours during semester time
    Monday – Thursday 8:30am-6:30pm
    Friday 9am-5pm
    Saturday 10am-12:30pm

REST & RELAX

Hop over to the library, Siong needs help putting together this jigsaw puzzle.

DISTANCE STUDENTS

Please reach out to us if you need assistance. Librarians can set up Zoom sessions if needed.