News

S1 Week 2 @ Carey - find out what's going on

S1 Week 2 @ Carey - find out what's going on

by Deleted user -
Number of replies: 0
SEMESTER 1  |  TEACHING WEEK 2
One week ago, the college was buzzing. The foot traffic in the library was heavy. The information commons room was too small for the formation group.  The usual complaint was about the temperature up in the mezzanine. The vibe was there as we were looking forward to a new semester. However, our dream was once again scattered as we hear the announcement on Saturday evening.

One of the best parts of lockdown is that I have more ‘free’ time. When decluttering the things at home, I found this birthday card from my 9-year-old nephew to my mum. 

3189f025-f687-42c0-98fd-6a30b2a3b5b6.jpg

As I reflect on this quote, this is relevant to our current situation. To trust Him at this time, that is faith.

Siong Ng
Librarian Extraordinare

CHAPEL WORSHIP - FEASTING AS RESISTANCE 

(hopefully F2F in the Carey Chapel, or on Zoom!)

Dr Christa McKirland will be speaking in Chapel this week.

Below is the full list of speakers and our Community Formation for this semester.
Sieger Korder, “All are Welcome,” fresco, German College in Rome.

COMMUNITY LUNCHES 

(12.30pm Monday | 12pm Tuesday)
Join us on Monday and Tuesday for our Community Lunches. This is a great time to get to know other students and staff while enjoying a delicious lunch together.

COMMUNITY FUN! 

We're planning after lunch on Tuesday on playing some sports. And then on Wednesday at 12.45pm we'll be playing some board games, partaking in some freshly made coffee and praying for one another (games will be adjusted to allow for social distancing). smile 

Come along!

STUDENT HANDBOOK 

The student handbook has key information about where to find important information and who to talk to if you have questions about your enrolment, fees, courses or other academic and pastoral support.

FIRST STEPS FOR NEW STUDENTS 

If you are a new student, Carey has developed a self-directed induction course called First Steps which is available on CareyOnline. All new students are required to complete this course within the first four weeks of semester, and it will cover key aspects of academic literacy, academic writing and important aspects of academic integrity.

This course should appear under My Courses in CareyOnline. If you have any issues accessing the course please talk to any of the library team.

CHANGE OF ENROLMENT 

If you are changing your courses you need to fill in a Change of Enrolment form. You can find this under Forms for Students on Careyonline or on the Carey website.

CAREYONLINE 

If you are a new student in 2021, you should have received your login information for CareyOnline where all of the key course information is stored. If you can’t locate that information or are having trouble logging on to CareyOnline, please contact Neroli Hollis (neroli.hollis@carey.ac.nz).

With classes moving online this week, the weekly class recordings have been posted in the Lecture Recordings section of your CareyOnline course. If you were unable to join this class live, please ensure you log on to CareyOnline in the next few days to view that recording, and to check for messages and information from your course teachers.

All important Covid-19 related notices will be posted on the CareyOnline homepage, please check this page regularly.

FIRST STEPS 

All new students are required to do the First Steps course on Careyonline. If unsure, please contact library@carey.ac.nz
Library hours during semester time
Monday – Thursday 8:30am-6:30pm
Friday 9am-5pm
Saturday 10am-12:30pm

Distance students:
The librarians are available via Zoom on Thursday 4 March 2021 at 11am-11:30am if you want to ask any questions.
https://zoom.us/j/97669677169
Meeting ID: 976 6967 7169

Graduation is coming up on 27th March. More details are here.