News

Covid-19 Update 12 August

Covid-19 Update 12 August

Rob Ayres發表於
Number of replies: 0

Kia ora koutou

As you’ll be aware, the government has moved Auckland to Covid-19 Alert level 3 from 12 noon today until (at least) midnight this Friday 14th August. Carey’s Covid-19 response plan requires that under Alert Level 3 our campus will close. We anticipate that the Alert level will remain at Level 3 into next week, and as a result we have made the decision that all weekly-taught classes will be delivered online (via Carey online / Zoom) for the next two weeks through to Study/Reading Weeks (starting 2 September).

There are several block courses scheduled over the next two weeks and over the study/reading weeks. The on-site block courses for Christian Spirituality (13-14 Aug) and Making Life Work (Intermission: 19-21 Aug) have been cancelled. Alternative arrangements are currently being worked on. We will be making a final decision about the delivery mode for block courses on Monday 17th August, once we have heard more from the government. If Auckland remains at Covid Level 3 we will need to facilitate these block courses fully online.

The library is now closed for the rest of this week. From Monday 17th August, books will be available via click-and-collect between 10 am and 1 pm Monday-Friday. The library team may be able to assist with scanning and urgent access to non-electronic resources – email them at library@carey.ac.nz. Please note, too, that many book and resources are available electronically through our extensive e-catalogue. Check out the 10 Essentials OR email the library team if you need help with accessing these resources.

With the campus closed, there will be no community lunches, or chapel for the next two weeks. We will continue, however, to meet online for community prayers each Wednesday at 12.40 pm. Christa will be leading prayers today. Here’s the Zoom link: https://zoom.us/j/94687555918. Please join us as we pray for one another and our country.

More information will be posted to CareyOnline as information comes to hand and as the situation unfolds over the next few days. If you have difficulty accessing devices or internet, please let us know (email Neroli on neroli.hollis@carey.ac.nz).

I know that for many of you these changes will be challenging. Please look after yourselves during this time, and look out for one another. And know that God is looking out for you. As Psalm 121 declares, he is watching over you:

I lift up my eyes to the mountains—

where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord,
    the Maker of heaven and earth.

He will not let your foot slip—
    he who watches over you will not slumber;
indeed, he who watches over Israel
    will neither slumber nor sleep.

The Lord watches over you—
    the Lord is your shade at your right hand;
the sun will not harm you by day,
    nor the moon by night.

The Lord will keep you from all harm—
    he will watch over your life;
the Lord will watch over your coming and going
    both now and forevermore.

The staff and I are praying that you would know God’s presence with you and your whanau.

Ngā mihi nui,

John Tucker (Principal)