News

S2 Week 2 @ Carey

S2 Week 2 @ Carey

by Deleted user -
Number of replies: 0
SEMESTER 2   |   WEEK 2

A THOUGHT ON WORSHIP

“God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.” (John 4: 23-24)

I have been thinking about worship - the intentionality of head & heart offering and recieving Love. Worship re-sets, re-minds, re-stories my Spirit with Truth.
Sometimes I forget. I feel weary, worried and wonder why I cannot settle to task.
Then, the Spirit nudges me and I remember my Creator. I pause and raise my empty hands in faith-filled gratitude and they are filled.
When we worship, we are sustained, healed and blessed. It is a gift of unending Love.
We have emerged from a disorientating few months. As we breath deep and begin semester two, as you juggle life, learning and deadlines  - remember to worship. You are God. You are good. You are faithful. You are powerful. You are merciful. You are restoring the world and me.... All will be well.

Bridget Barnard | Intermission Super Star

WE'RE BACK ON CAMPUS (AND ON ZOOM!)

CHAPEL WORSHIP: PRESIDENTS IN DA HOUSE

This week we are excited to have our two Student Presidents, Carly Armstrong and Jono Edmeades, speak to us in Chapel.

They'll share some of their own stories and how Lifting their eyes has played out in their own relationship with God.

Come and be encouraged.

COMMUNITY LUNCHES

(12.30pm Monday | 12pm Tuesday)
Join us on Monday and Tuesday for our Community Lunches. This is a great time to get to know other students and staff while enjoying a delicious lunch together.

WEDNESDAY ONLINE PRAYER MEETING

(12.40pm - 1pm)
This semester rather than meeting in the chapel, we will meet on Zoom for our weekly prayer session.
Here’s the link: https://zoom.us/j/94687555918

All are free to join as we pray for our community, nation and the world.

ODD AND EVEN WEEKS & CLASSES

Make sure you are aware that each Odd Week (beginning Monday 20th July) and Each Even Week (Beginning Monday 27th July) has a slightly different timetable (to accommodate ZOOM sessions). ?

Please remember to check the timetable so that you know what times your classes are on and when your ZOOM meetings are (each course typically  has a one hour  ZOOM session each fortnight) eg Mission of God has on Monday 20th July a ZOOM session at 1:30pm – 2:30pm (you ZOOM in from wherever you are) and then onsite class is 6:30pm – 8:30pm.  Distance students please try to make the ZOOM sessions if possible (but these are also recorded).

If you need to change your enrolment please do the Change of Enrolment form and get it to me (Neroli the Academic Registrar – registrar@carey.ac.nz) – this form is also required if you are changing levels.

ZOOM CLASSES

Just a reminder that the Zoom classes are intended for ALL students to participate in. If you are onsite, and if you are studying by distance – these Zoom sessions are designed to be a space where you can connect with the wider class cohort and the teacher.
Prioritise these classes and attend as many as you can. If your work schedule or other commitments mean you can’t attend the Zoom live, talk to your teacher and stay connected via the CareyOnline activities.

GETTING STARTED WITH ACADEMIC STUDY

If you are new to Carey you should have received a link to our Academic Literacy and Academic Integrity online course First Steps. This will give you key information about completing assessment and studying at Carey.
Also remember to check out the 10 Essentials on CareyOnline. Again, this provides key information about academic literacy, referencing and writing assessments.

WANT BETTER GRADES? GET A STUDY BUDDY!

We really encourage you to seek out fellow students and establish informal study groups. We really believe that some of the best learning occurs as your wrestle with ideas and articulate and defend those ideas with your peers! Talk to your fellow class mates.
Academic study shouldn’t be a solo activity! If you don’t know where to start, talk to your class teacher in the first instance, or talk with the library.

FEELING UNWELL?

We all want to ensure that we keep each other safe and healthy. If you are not feeling 100% whether this is a cough, cold or just feeling under the weather don't push yourself to get to class! Catch up via Zoom or online instead.

1 CORINTHIANS

Just to confirm: 1 Corinthians zoom is every week Wed 1.30-2.15

Updated Timetable with Odd and Even Weeks included.

Click on the image to download your copy. Copies are also available at reception.

LIBRARY HOURS

Mon-Thursday 8:30am-6:30pm
Friday 9am-5pm
Saturday 10am-12:30pm

ISSUE SIGNING INTO ONLINE LIBRARY?

Please contact library@carey.ac.nz

LIBRARY BOOK SALE - NEW BOOKS HAVE BEEN ADDED!

Oldies but goodies.
Book sale in the library. Come and have a look. You will never know what you would find. $1 each!

FIRST STEPS

If you are starting in Semester Two you will notice First Steps on your Careyonline courses – this is a required course to introduce you to all things Carey and Academic ??

Isn't the salvation we have in Christ extraordinary?
Come on a journey with Dr Sarah Harris this August into Paul's teaching in Romans. You'll discover the vastness of salvation, being raised with Christ, life in the spirit on planet earth and more. All for $100. Monday nights.
Brought to you by the Centre for Lifelong Learning.
Visit https://bit.ly/30BPPam