News

Week 14 @ Carey - Last newsletter for this semester

Week 14 @ Carey - Last newsletter for this semester

删除的用户 -
回帖数:0
SEMESTER 1   |  TEACHING WEEK 14

I'M WATCHING OVER YOU

We’re nearly there. The semester is nearly over. And what a semester it’s been! I know for some of you the disruptions caused by Covid-19 have made the last few months extremely difficult. You’re exhausted, discouraged, disillusioned. I believe that God wants to say to you: “I see you. I’m looking at you. I’m watching over you and the path that you’re on. Trust me.”

At the beginning of the year we chose as our theme for our gathered worship the first line of Psalm 121: “I lift up my eyes.” I lift up my eyes to the mountains—where does my help come from? My help comes from the LORD. I love the promise in vv. 3-4: “He will not let your foot slip—he who watches over you will not slumber; indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep.” Six times in this short psalm we hear that the LORD “watches over” his people, or protects his people, guards his people.

In the ancient Near East, it was commonly assumed that the gods got tired and needed sleep, just like humans. But this psalm insists that the Guardian of God’s people never dozes off or falls asleep – not for a moment. His vigilance, his attention, is unceasing. Nothing catches him off-guard.

This week I sensed God saying to me, “John, I see you. I’m watching over you. You have my full and undivided attention. Always.” Philip Yancey writes that infinity gives God the capacity to “treat all creation with unreserved specialness.” He’s watching over each of us constantly.

As we approach the end of the semester, are you exhausted, discouraged, disillusioned? Do you still have multiple assignments to complete? Lift up your eyes … to the One who sees you. He is watching over you. He is guarding you. He hasn’t been caught off-guard by Covid-19, or by anything else that is happening in your life right now. Look to him. He will see you through.

Of course, Jesus often works through the members of his body. If you’re struggling, please contact your lecturer, or Neroli, or me. We’re praying for you, and we’re here for you.

Nga mihi,

John Tucker

Invite a friend to our chat session and win!

We're gearing up for Semester Two and applications are open for anyone wanting to study.

To help people navigate their journey we're holding three online chat sessions for anyone who wants to talk through their options.
Wednesday 17th June
Monday 22nd June
Wednesday 24th June

Can you invite a friend or relative? Do you know someone for whom, due to the COVID-19 situation perhaps, life looks quite different and study maybe an option?

Nominate a friend and we'll have five $50 vouchers up for grabs.

Find out more here
We will see you in Semester Two for Chapel, lunches, formation and hopefully some volleyball!
Corny I know but I had to share.
Those of us born earlier than the '90's will know this one.

THE FINAL STUDY AND READING WEEKS ARE HERE!

Go well with assessments. These need to be completed by the end of semester 26 June so plan your time wisely.
Remember the referencing resources and research tips in the 10 Essentials and on First Steps on CareyOnline.

SEMESTER TWO ENROLMENT AND COURSE SELECTIONS

Please remember to do any semester two enrolment (New or Changing) by 24th June if possible – check with Neroli if you are unsure of what you have been enrolled in.

SEMESTER TWO CAREYONLINE

Semester Two Careyonline will go live 15th July by the latest.

LIBRARY HOURS

Last week of semester
Mon-Thu 8.30am – 6.30pm
Fri 9am – 5pm

After end of semester:
Mon-Fri 9am-5pm (no Sat opening)