News

Carey’s ongoing response to COVID-19, Coronavirus: 21 March 2020

Carey’s ongoing response to COVID-19, Coronavirus: 21 March 2020

John Tucker發表於
Number of replies: 0

Kia ora koutou, 

In response to the fast-changing COVID-19 crisis, and in light of today’s Ministry of Health update (Saturday 21 March 2020), Carey has made the decision to postpone teaching classes next week (23-27 March) and to designate this a study and reading week. Students may come onto campus to access the library, but are otherwise encouraged to study from home. 

The purpose of this teaching-free week is to allow our teaching team and support services to prepare for moving the remainder of the semester to full online learning. The teaching week scheduled for 23rd - 27th March will be “caught-up” during the period of 13th April – 1st May (the normal mid-semester break). 

Teaching will resume, in an online format, from Monday 30th March. We will provide more detailed information on what this will mean and look like before Thursday 26th March. Please be assured that your courses and learning will NOT be adversely affected. We will be providing support where required to enable you to access online materials and classes. Please note that all block courses will also be moved to an online format. Again, you will received detailed information as soon as possible.  

We also understand that students who are undertaking field education / placement courses are likely to be impacted by other organisations’ responses to COVID-19. We will be working with each of you to clarify your situation and to discuss options, and will be in touch over the next few days.  

These are unprecedented and unsettling times. Be assured that we are doing all we can to ensure that your studies can continue – albeit through different approaches and mechanisms. Your learning, and your health, are important to us. To minimise the risk of transmission to those who are most vulnerable, please do not come onto campus if you are at all unwell.  

And please get in touch with us if you need any support.  

Let’s continue both to look out for each other to look up to the Lord: 

lift up my eyes to the mountains— 
     where does my help come from? 
My help comes from the Lord, 
     the Maker of heaven and earth. 

Grace and peace, 

John