News

Latest COVID-19 Update

Latest COVID-19 Update

by Deleted user -
Number of replies: 0

Kia ora koutou,

Here is the latest information from John Tucker:

As you are aware, this is a very dynamic situation. Carey’s Management Team is meeting daily to assess the situation and the implications for our learning community. We will respond with decisions as quickly as possible and pass on information as soon as we are able. Here is the latest update:

Monday 23 March and Tuesday 24 March

All classes on Monday 23 March and Tuesday 24 March will be delivered as usual.  

Lunches will be served on a rolling service basis to avoid queuing, and students are encouraged to spread around the campus to eat in small groups.

Monday – get your lunch between 12.45 and 1.05pm

Tuesday – get your lunch between 12 and 12.20pm

Chapel will be held as usual but will be in Lecture Rooms 1 and 2 to allow a bit more space.

Formation groups will go ahead as usual.

Wednesday 25 March

We will be trialling full on-line delivery, in the event that this becomes necessary, by teaching the following classes online only from Carey on Wednesday 25 March 2020:

MM561              Introduction to Pastoral Care

MB6/724           Humanity and Hope

MB532               Introduction to the New Testament (English delivery only)

MM6/794          Poverty, Transformation and the Gospel

We are asking you not to come into class on Wednesday 25 March but to access course materials online. Further details will be made available on CareyOnline by your lecturer on Monday.

Thursday 26 March

At this stage the Research Methods block course and the Missional Leadership block course will continue to be taught onsite as planned. They will also be live streamed and recorded.

Library

We will be trialling the impact of closing the physical library on Wednesday 25 March, in the event that this becomes necessary. You can still access online resources: http://www.carey.ac.nz/library

If you have forgotten your username or password email library@carey.ac.nz. Librarians are available from 8.30am until 6.30pm via email.

Chinese classes

At this stage all Chinese classes will continue as usual. They will be recorded.

Pastoral needs

I realise that this health crisis is creating considerable anxiety and difficulty for many of you. Please let us know if you are struggling. Feel free to contact any of your lecturers or student support staff.

Prayer

Lord, we pray for the most vulnerable and isolated in our communities. We pray for those who are currently self-isolating in our neighbourhoods. We pray for older people who are concerned about shopping, regular hospital appointments, and general day to day contact with other people. Please give wisdom to our nation’s leaders, and to our church leaders, that they might make good decisions on behalf of us all.

“Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.”

John 14:27

Nga mihi

John