News

Week 3 @ Carey

Week 3 @ Carey

by Deleted user -
Number of replies: 0
SEMESTER 1   |   WEEK 3
This is where I go to get away from the stresses of life and remember God is with me. Clark’s beach is lovely ?

Do remember as the first assignments of the year get unpleasantly close – take time to remember God’s presence and get away to a peaceful place. Even Jesus did that.

Also this is a great Psalm to remember as the world – well social media and news – go crazy over Covid-19 ?

Psalm 23
The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want;
he makes me lie down in green pastures.
He leads me beside still waters;
he restores my soul.
He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name’s sake.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I fear no evil;
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.

Carol Fearon | Library Assistant (and all around good sort)

NO CHAPEL WORSHIP THIS WEEK
- Community Fun Day instead

There is no Chapel on Tuesday. It's the Carey Community Fun Day instead!

Meet in the Dining room at 11am for a morning of frivolity and fellowship.

WEDNESDAY PRAYER MEETING

(Carey Chapel 12.40pm - 1pm)
Bridget Barnard will be leading this time together. This is a time for everyone, staff and students together, to join and pray with one another.

STUDENT ASSOCIATION NEEDS YOU!

Do you love organising Events? The SASS needs you. President Carly Armstrong and Vice President Jono Edmeades are looking for others to join them on the SASS committee and help plan, dream and run events!Text Carly if you're keen on 022 436 9165

CAREY GRADUATION - 4th APRIL

We need waiters, set up and pack down helpers for Graduation.
Can you help?
Friday - 3rd April - 1 - 3pm (set up)
Saturday 4th - 2 - 3pm (Ushers)
Saturday 4th - 4 - 6pm (waiting)
Saturday 4th -  6 - 8pm (pack down)

Please contact Kathryn Heard if you can help:
kathryn.heard@carey.ac.nz or shoulder tap me when you see me around campus.

FROM ROB'S DESK TO YOURS

PREPARING FOR THOSE FIRST ASSESSMENTS?

In order to successfully answer an assessment question you need to understand the inquiry process. A former colleague of mine helpfully drew it as a snake with a definite starting point and end point… although the stages in the middle don’t always flow linearly! However, students sometimes get into trouble because they attempt to start to write the final article without fully understanding the question, or perhaps not having spent enough time gathering and evaluating the necessary information. Use the process outlined in the graphic below to help you think about HOW you approach your assessments.
AND use the 10 ESSENTIALS on CareyOnline for specific information about the different parts of the “enquiry snake”.
If you are unsure about the assessment question, talk to your teacher! They will be happy to help.

Oh, and don’t forget, the lovely team in the Library will also happily help you with this process. Drop them a line!

LIBRARY HOURS

Library hours during semester time
Monday – Thursday 8:30am-6:30pm
Friday 9am-5pm
Saturday 10am-12:30pm

NEED HELP WITH YOUR LIBRARY LOGIN?

If you're unsure of your library login or need one to one guidance, please contact library@carey.ac.nz
But for you who revere my name, the sun of righteousness will rise with healing in its rays. And you will go out and frolic like well-fed calves.
Malachi: 4:2