News

Week 6 @ Carey

Week 6 @ Carey

by Deleted user -
Number of replies: 0
WEEK 6      

THE SLIDING DOOR

For anyone onsite at Carey you will be aware of the sliding doors in our Wharekai. These doors are getting older and more difficult to open and shut. Recently, one of them got really stuck and needed immediate repair. Thankfully, we have an awesome team around here who were able to get on with a quick and good fix!

But the sliding door got me thinking… as I get older – I know, I know, I’m only 38! – but, I am getting older, and I wonder if at times I’m getting a little harder to move. By that I mean, am I open to new ideas? Am I willing to close off some things because they are no longer a reality for my life – like being a World Rally Car driver, or becoming a high-flying executive?

But also, am I resisting others need to move and change? Perhaps there are times when I am preventing others from exploring new and interesting ideas, opportunities, and possibilities.

I wonder if I’m in need of a bit of repair?
How about you?

Lord, I pray, continue to transform my heart and mind, so that I might know what is good and right.

Sam Kilpatrick, Youth Coach

CHAPEL - The God of Justice and the Justice of God

Andrew Picard will be speaking in Chapel on Tuesday. Come and See the God of Justice and the Justice of God.

COMMUNITY LUNCHES

Join us as a community for lunches on Monday and Tuesday in the Wharekai
Monday 12.40pm
Tuesday 12pm

Our chef Karen cooks up a storm for us and its free!

WEDNESDAY PRAYER MEETING 

This week Siong will be leading us in a time of prayer for one another, our community and nation. 

PEER WRITING ASSISTANTS

Our peer writing support is again available in semester two. If you would like help with your academic writing, then we have peer writing assistants available to meet you for a 30 or 60 minute session. To book a session, please email : library@carey.ac.nz and include:
  • Your name and student ID number
  • Identify which assessment you are focussing on (course, assessment outline)
  • Identify if you want a 30 minute or 60 minute slot

TURN IT IN RE-SUBMISSIONS FOR LEVEL 4 AND 5 COURSE ASSESSMENTS

Carey, like many tertiary organistations, uses Turn It In to check submitted assessments for authenticity and academic integrity. Turn It In compares the submitted assessment with a large database of previous student work, online articles and journals and websites. It then produces a “similarity report” that highlights areas in the assessment where the text matches text from the database, and that could potentially be problematic.

At Carey, we want students to learn how to correctly use and reference original source material (journals, books, websites etc), and so we are now making the Similarity Report available for students in our Level 4 and core Level 5 courses so that Turn It In can be used as a developmental tool. This means you are able to submit your assessment, receive the similarity report, identify and address and problematic areas and then resubmit the assessment (after 24 hours). 

WHNGAI

to adopt, nourish, to care for

LIBRARY HOURS

Library hours are as follow:
Monday – Thursday  8:30-6:30pm
Friday                        9am-5:00pm
Saturday                   10:00am-12:30pm

Note:
The library will be operating NORMAL HOURS during the semester break.
I lift up my eyes to the hills -- where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.
Psalms 121: 1-2