News

Week 11 @ Carey

Week 11 @ Carey

Kathryn Heard發表於
Number of replies: 0
WEEK 11     
Chocolate Brownie for the Soul

Being pressed for time this week, I was tempted to simply share with you an awesome chocolate brownie recipe so you could share some heavenly goodness with friends, but as I went to do so I was reminded of how thankful I am for the body of Christ – for good friends to walk with and to help keep my eyes focussed on Jesus (and also maybe my calorie intake!) . Here is just a snippet of how that has looked… a few weeks ago a colleague shared John 15:4 in a simple prayer – it is impossible to be fruitful without abiding in Jesus. A short prayer but a powerful and needed reminder that stuck with me for several weeks. Additionally, my wife Rachel and I have been meeting with friends and reading through Ken Shigematsu’s “Survival Guide for the Soul: How to Flourish Spiritually in a World that Pressures Us to Achieve”. The title captures it beautifully – well worth reading and mulling! A precious reminder that “spiritual practices help us remember to whom we belong, and by whom we are loved”. Finally, just this morning another friend shared this from his reading, “simplified living is more than doing less. It’s being who God called us to be, with a wholehearted, single-minded focus. It’s walking away from innumerable lesser opportunities in favour of the few to which we’ve been called and for which we’ve been created…” 

This long weekend I pray that God would speak to you through your friends, through his Spirit and his Word to remind you of just how loved and valued you are by Him. Maybe even bake a batch of brownies as you talk and pray.

Rob Ayres
Academic Director

CHAPEL - "Come and See"

Back to the normal time of 11am on Tuesday

Andrea Sergeant and Mike Crudge, from our Centre for Lifelong Learning, together share something of their recent experiences of “come and see”...

COMMUNITY LUNCHES

NO LUNCH on Monday as it's Queens Birthday Weekend

Lunch on Tuesday is at 12pm 

WEDNESDAY PRAYER MEETING

(Carey Chapel 12.40pm - 1pm)

Lorraine Tucker will be leading this time together. This is a time for everyone, staff and students together, to join and pray with one another.
DINING ROOM KARAKIA (PRAYER)

Wondering what the translation is for our Karakia that is up on the wall in the dining room? Here it is:

Bless this food 
May it nourish our bodies and feed our spirit with the bread of eternal life
In the name of Jesus Christ our Lord
forever and ever
Amen.
Haumi, e Hui e, Taiki e

A saying often used in speeches.
It is used to signal that the group is united and ready to progress the purpose of them coming together - like the Te Ao Māori class!
“For mortals it is impossible, but not for God; for God all things are possible.”

Mark 10:27

COURSE EVALUATIONS

We are doing Course Evaluations (these will come from Neroli’s email address) in the following courses this semester:-
MS510 Te Ao Maori
MB6/720 People of God
MB532 Intro to New Testament
MB6/731 Prophets in Context
MM561 Intro to Pastoral Care
MM6/788 Special Topic: Issues Facing the Church Today
MB421 Christian Worldview

If you are in these classes please make sure you complete them – they are crucial for us to work towards enhancing our courses and your opinion is important.  We will hold the evaluations open until 3 June and then teachers will provide feedback in class before the end of semester.

This is a change of timing so that you can immediately see our response to your comments and thoughts. YOUR VOICE MATTERS ? !

COURSE ENROLMENTS FOR SEMESTER TWO

Remember if you are needing to be enrolled or changing what you have enrolled  in for semester two you need to get that to Neroli by 12 June.

Fees for semester two are due Thursday 11 July

Happy studying

LIBRARY HOURS

Monday to Thursday:  8.30am to 6.30pm
Friday:                            9.00am to 5pm
Saturday:                       10.00am to 12.30pm

The Library is CLOSED ON MONDAY 3RD JUNE, QUEENS BIRTHDAY WEEKEND

LIBRARY BOOK SALE

Come and grab a bargain.
Some good titles are available. Only $1 per book. Come and have a look