News

Week 10 @ Carey - It's Open Day on Tuesday!

Week 10 @ Carey - It's Open Day on Tuesday!

Kathryn Heard發表於
Number of replies: 0
WEEK 10     
Practice & Values

My chapel reflection this week asked, ‘what are the habits of the heart that will sustain me so “At crucial moments of choice, most of the business of choosing is already over” (Iris Murdoch in Garber)’.
The practices of gratitude and Eucharist were my two – have you had a chance to reflect on your habits of the heart?
Another tool for the long-haul journey are identifying a few clearly articulated values to provide a reference map. In our 20s Mark and I were encouraged by someone much wiser than us to decide on shared values to shape our lives by – it was the most useful piece of marriage advice we ever got! We chose four not particularly original ones – Jesus centred, Creation, Community and Generosity. Each time we were faced with a difficult decision, a transition moment, to keep saying ‘yes’ to Jesus despite the risk & uncertainty, these values of who we wanted to become, helped us stay true. I eventually got them inked on my skin as a reminder of what was inked on my heart. Looking back over 21 years of marriage, I can now see these four values ingrained in our family culture and way of being.
What are your values and are they shaping your life at the moment?

Bridget Barnard
Intermission Co-ordinator

IT's OPEN DAY ON TUESDAY!!

We're starting with BAGEL BREAKFAST - 8AM (all are welcome)

There are some changes to formation for the day:
CHAPEL - 9AM
FORMATION - 10AM
LUNCH - 12NOON

check out the journey here and share with your friends....

GO TO THE MOVIES ON CAREY!

Bring a friend to Carey's open day on Tuesday who is considering study and you could get a double pass movie ticket on us! (seven to be won).

We have a June intake so they could start their journey this year. It could be dipping their toe in with Thinking Theologically next semester or.....

COMMUNITY LUNCHES

Lunch on Monday will be at 12.40pm as per normal

Lunch on Tuesday is 12pm - with lots of extra visitors - make them feel welcome 微笑

WEDNESDAY PRAYER MEETING

(Carey Chapel 12.40pm - 1pm)

Chris Berry will be leading this time together. This is a time for everyone, staff and students together, to join and pray with one another.
DINING ROOM KARAKIA (PRAYER)

Wondering what the translation is for our Karakia that is up on the wall in the dining room? Here it is:

Bless this food 
May it nourish our bodies and feed our spirit with the bread of eternal life
In the name of Jesus Christ our Lord
forever and ever
Amen.
“We continually ask God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all the wisdom and understanding that the Spirit gives, so that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God.”

Colossians 1:9-10

COURSE EVALUATIONS

We are doing Course Evaluations (these will come from Neroli’s email address) in the following courses this semester:-
MS510 Te Ao Maori
MB6/720 People of God
MB532 Intro to New Testament
MB6/731 Prophets in Context
MM561 Intro to Pastoral Care
MM6/788 Special Topic: Issues Facing the Church Today
MB421 Christian Worldview

If you are in these classes please make sure you complete them – they are crucial for us to work towards enhancing our courses and your opinion is important.  We will hold the evaluations open until 3 June and then teachers will provide feedback in class before the end of semester.

This is a change of timing so that you can immediately see our response to your comments and thoughts. YOUR VOICE MATTERS ? !

PEER WRITING ASSISTANTS HERE TO HELP

We've launched the new student peer-support initiative at Carey. Thanks to Monique, Vince and Charles who are our new Peer Writing Assistants. Bar actually writing an assignment for you (!), they are available to help with your academic writing and academic literacy.
Two on-campus bookings are available for this semester as a pilot scheme.
See the previous notice on Careyonline for details.

COURSE ENROLMENTS FOR SEMESTER TWO

Remember if you are needing to be enrolled or changing what you have enrolled  in for semester two you need to get that to Neroli by 12 June.

Fees for semester two are due Thursday 11 July

Happy studying

LIBRARY HOURS

The Library is back to normal hours next week:
Monday to Thursday:  8.30am to 6.30pm
Friday:                            9.00am to 5pm
Saturday:                       10.00am to 12.30pm

LIBRARY HOURS

LIBRARY BOOK SALE

Come and grab a bargain.
Some good titles are available. Only $1 per book. Come and have a look

Best Of  - Billy T. James