News

CareyWeekly Newsletter 2022 S2 Week 14

CareyWeekly Newsletter 2022 S2 Week 14

Student Communication發表於
Number of replies: 0
CAREY WEEKLY 2022 SEMESTER 2 WEEK 14

Maintaining Balance

The last couple of months have been a busy season for me with Lifelong Learning commitments and amendments to make on my PhD before final submission (can’t wait!). During this time, I've been aware that aspects of my life are no longer in balance. So, I am considering how to be more intentional in ordering my life. A "rule of life" is a set of Spirit-inspired practices, relationships, and commitments, aimed at keeping Christ at the center of life. These practices cover areas such as spiritual disciplines, rest and recreation, exercise, relationships, and ministry/service.

A rule of life is unique to every person. For my rule, I am looking to engage in contemplative spiritual disciplines, exercise three times per week, invest in my family, and serve in the worship ministry of our local church.

Perhaps you too are in a busy season and need to find more balance in your life. If you don’t have one already, perhaps now is a good time to consider developing a rule of life.

Glenn

End of Semester IMPORTANT Message

With the semester one coming to a close, please note the following:

• Semester one ends Friday, 18 November.
  • All final assessments must be submitted to CareyOnline by 18 November.

Assessment extensions must be submitted and approved by the Academic Registrar prior to due dates.

Please complete an Application for Extension to Complete Assement and email it to Neroli on neroli.hollis@carey.ac.nz. The end of semester and marking timeframes outlined below constrain what is possible around any approved extensions. It is critical that you talk to Neroli if you are unable to meet the 18 November assessment submission timeframe!

Semester Two results will be released on CareyOnline on Friday, 2 December. Your Student Portal gives you access to your final course grades. If you require an actual transcript please also connect with Neroli Hollis.

Weekly Karakia

Next week will be our last karakia for the term, and our third-year PL students will be guiding us all through the time together. This is a special time each year, and you won't want to miss this week. Join us in the chapel or join us via Zoom on Tuesday at 11.15am for worship.

Meeting ID: 924 5851 4246.

We can't wait to see you!!

Community Lunch

Come along on Monday at 12.15pm and Tuesday at 12pm for amazing kai and whakawhanaungatanga--our last week with a Tuesday lunch!

The following classes are set to help this week:

MONDAY SET-UP 

MONDAY CLEAN-UP

TUESDAY SET-UP 

TUESDAY CLEAN-UP 

Christian Spirituality 

Intermission

PL/YPL 

Intro to the OT

Re-enrolment for '23 and New Timetable

You will receive a link via the Student Portal by the end of the semester to enrol for 2023. If you have any questions, please check with Neroli.

Also, we have published the 2023 timetable on our website, so be sure to check that out.

CGS Information Lunch 8 November

We will be hosting an information lunch on Tuesday, 8 November from 12.30-1.30pm in the wharekai and online via Zoom.

If you've been thinking about pursuing postgraduate study at Carey, come along to learn more and ask questions. Please rsvp to careygradschool@carey.ac.nz by Thursday, 3 November

RSVP Now

Online Open Evening

Got a friend who would love Carey? Or a family member? Do you know someone at your church who would thrive here? Invite them along to our Online Open Evening at 7.30-8.30pm Tuesday, 8 November.

And just like last time, there will be a $50 cinema voucher for one lucky person who brings along a friend--just make sure they list your name at registration.

The Library

As always, stop by and see the amazing library staff anytime during regular hours:

Monday to Thursday 8.30am-6.30pm
Friday 9am-5pm
Saturday 10am-12.30pm

Also... CONGRATUALTIONS TO JOSH!

One of our diligent library users got married over the weekend. We want to celebrate Josh Thompson (aka Basketball guy!) and Tessa for getting married on Sunday, 23 October! Blessings on your new life together!

Course Evaluations

Thank you for those who completed the course evaluations. Your teaching team will be providing feedback to classes that were being evaluated in the next week. Check your CareyOnline course for details. Your feedback helps us to continually explore ways of improving what we do.