News

CareyWeekly Newsletter Week 2

CareyWeekly Newsletter Week 2

Student Communication發表於
Number of replies: 0
View this email in your browser
CAREY WEEKLY 2022 WEEK 2

A Life that Honours Jesus

Whatever you do in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father.

Ko nga mea katoa hoki e mea ai koutou, ko nga kupu, ko nga mahi ranei, kia meinga katoatia i runga i te ingoa o te Ariki, o Ihu, me te whakawhetai ano ki te Atua, ara ki te Matua, i roto i a ia.  

- Colossians 3:17 

Last weekend my daughter, Jordyn, directed a video shoot to accompany a song she has written and recorded. This photo captures one of the scenes from that day. The woman over her left shoulder is her Samoan grandmother, a woman of faith, a fervent pray-er and one who lived a sacrificial life. She was a leader in her Samoan context and in her life here in Aotearoa, New Zealand. She was a justice warrior. Jordyn stands on the shoulders of this courageous woman. 

I’m constantly encouraged by the words in Colossians, to commit our lives, our actions, our words to Jesus with gratitude to God. This was so beautifully exampled in Jordyn’s grandmother and has been richly passed down the generations. I recognise that it equips us to be salt and light in the world, to make a positive difference. 

May we continue to live a life that honours Jesus. Ngā mihi manahau.

Luke Kaa-Morgan

Carey Picnic Sponsored by SASS

There is no chapel this Tuesday, but you are invited to a Carey Picnic at Cornwall Park! 

When: Tuesday 22 March 11.15am-12.30pm
Where: The pavilion near Cornwall Park Cafe 

Bring your own food, sports gear, and picnic blankets for a time of connection and relaxation. SASS will provide a sweet treat. 

If you need a lift or can give someone a ride, meet outside the whare kai at 11.10am Tuesday.

Unable to make it in person? We will have a Zoom get-together at the same time, facilitated by Jacqui. The link will be posted to the Carey Students 2022 Facebook page.

Peer Writing Assistants for 2022

Rob Ayres (Academic Director) is currently looking for second year, third year, or post grad students to join the Peer Writing Assistant programme this year. If you have strong academic writing skills and a passion to help other students and want to help, please connect with Rob.

Community Lunch

Lunch next week is on Monday, 21 March. Don't forget to register for week 4's lunch on 28 March now.

Community lunch will continue to take place on Mondays at 12.15pm, and you'll need to register each week. We also encourage you to eat outside or remain in your class bubbles. 

You have until 10am Thursday, 24 March to register for week 4.
Register for Week 4 Lunch

Library Competition

In light of the chapel theme, Te Rongopai, the good news, the library is running a competition!

One of the ways the good news of Jesus has spread is through the translation of the bible into many languages. We have collected up a variety of different language bibles (they can be found in the display cabinet near the archives room), and we want to know if you can identify any of them.

To allow everyone to participate, students and staff near and far, each week we will post two images of bibles. All you need to do is correctly identify the language of each Bible. We will announce one winner each week, along with the correct answers. Go well!

Did we mention there are prizes?

So here goes week one:

Submit your answers for the competition

First Steps Requirement

All new students are required to complete the First Steps course on CareyOnline. If you need help or have any questions, contact the wonderful Library staff.

Library hours through week 6:
Monday through Friday 9am-5pm
Saturday 10am-12.30pm

Operational Procedures While On Campus

Below is a brief recap of what you will need to know for Carey's procedures under the Government's Red Traffic Light setting:

• Sign-in: Scan the Covid Tracer QR code AND sign in at reception.
  • Vaccine Passes: You MUST present your pass when you arrive on campus for the first time.
  • Masks: Wear your mask indoors and in close proximity to others.
  • Class Bubbles: Please attempt to treat your class as a bubble.
  • ID Cards: Provided you have paid your fees, pick up your ID from reception.
If you have any Covid symptoms, please DO NOT come to campus.