News

S2 Week 10 @ Carey

S2 Week 10 @ Carey

by Student Communication -
Number of replies: 0
SEMESTER 2  |  WEEK 10
13adcb2b-7447-b5f5-35c0-80435736d0af.png

Who are you hearing from?

Since going into lockdown our church has been reading through the Gospel of Mark together. This has taken the form of someone reading a few verses each morning, and then someone else each night, with the videos getting uploaded to our Church Facebook Group. I have loved the way that this process has involved a number of people from within our faith community – some who wouldn’t normally be seen ‘up the front’ – so to speak. I have also loved that – as people have read the scripture – they have quite often offered a thought of some kind, or an insight, or a personal reflection on the passage. It has truly been a very rich time as we have had of privilege of hearing from and encouraging one another.

I wonder who you are hearing from and being encouraged by at the moment? I wonder who is hearing from and being encouraged by you? I want to challenge you to spend some time over the coming days to connect with people around you. Your friends, family, physical neighbours, virtual neighbours – I’m sure they would love to hear from you. And perhaps, as you visit with one another, you can be reminded of God’s love for all people, in all places, at all times.

That is certainly something I have been reminded of as our church whanau have read through the Gospel of Mark together.

Sam

Chapel This Week

Chapel is back again with Bridget Barnard speaking and Rachel Roche curating. Join us for a special time to see each others' faces and worship together. 

Join us on Zoom.
Meeting ID: 914 038 21556

Week 11 Online

A reminder that week 11 classes will remain fully online. The plan for semester weeks 12 through 15 (11 October through to 5 November) is to return to classes being taught on campus, Alert Level restrictions permitting.

The weeks starting 8 and 15 November remain as the planned study/reading weeks, with some Monday classes having a catch up session on 8 November to account for Labour Day.

Extensions

30aeeecb-508e-1bef-b99f-8ccc161ea4a5.png

If you are worried about getting your assessments done in time and would like to request an extension, please contact Neroli Hollis and complete an Application for Extension form.

Studylink Applications for 2022 Due 16 December

Applications for student loans are due through Studylink by 16 December. Don't miss this deadline!

If you need extra help during this time you can also find more information about emergency assistance through Studylink. Carey also offers emergency assistance through the Carey student support fund.

Stress counselling and support

3439a501-4042-98c5-1222-d9ab03aa4b17.jpg

This will continue to be an unsettling time, and the uncertainty of COVID-19 can have an impact on our mental wellbeing. We continue to remind staff and students and friends of the college that mental wellbeing is important, and can be supported through accessing a range of the self-help resources. 

If you would like someone to talk to, please be aware of the following free resources available through the Ministry of Health.

While the library remains closed during level 3, they are up and running for click and collect from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., Monday to Saturday. Please be in touch if you need any resources to support your studies. 

9f38dc78-56e0-19f6-9956-a25205a7eef3.jpg

Open Night 5 October 7.30-9 p.m.

Open Night is next week! There's still time to register, so spread the word. View the updated itinerary and encourage your friends to register now!

Prayer

Lord help us to remember that many of the things we seek after in this world have no lasting purpose. May we keep you at the centre of our lives, knowing that the whole duty of humankind is to honour you and do what pleases you. Amen.