News

Reti Ah-Voa

Reti Ah-Voa

John Tucker發表於
Number of replies: 0

Kia ora koutou.

It is with both excitement and sadness that we inform you of Reti Ah-Voa’s appointment to the role of Regional Leader for the Northern Baptist Association. This is an exceedingly important leadership role within the Baptist Union, overseeing nearly 100 churches from Kaitaia to Waiuku. 

We will miss Reti enormously. Reti has been our Pasifika Advisor and Tutorial Assistant for Maori and Pasifika students since 2013. Over that time, she has had a profound influence on the Carey community – not just through her exceptional work with our MPI students, but through her presence and involvement right across the college.

Reti says, “I have felt valued and I have been able to fly. Carey has been a nurturing and affirming place to work and be in community. I will always be a Carey girl.”

Thankfully, this is not goodbye. Reti’s new role will have her working closely with us here at Carey as she looks to support and resources pastors and churches across this region.

Reti’s official last day will be Friday 23rd October but she will continue with us through to the end of November, allowing her to support our current students through to completion of their studies.

Manaakinui Te Kahu writes: E Aunty Reti. Anei ngā kupu mo tētahi tauira mōu. Kua tae mai te wā ki te wehe atu ki tētahi atu wāhi kē. Ngā mihi aroha mo tō awhi, tō tautoko, tō whakaaro e pa ana ki nga momo rangahau, nga whakatika tuhinga, me nga korero katoa. Engari, kei roto I a mātou ngakau tonu. Pērā anō ki ngā wai o te Moana Nui a Kiwa; ka rere atu, ka hoki mai. Kia tau te aio i runga i tō haerenga e hoa.

Reti, thank you for the many ways in which you have enriched the Carey community. We pray God’s blessing on you in your new role.

John Tucker