News

Week 12 @ Carey - final teaching week

Week 12 @ Carey - final teaching week

Deleted user發表於
Number of replies: 0
SEMESTER 1   |   WEEK 12

WRAPPING UP AND FINDING REST

This is our last teaching week at Carey in the most extraordinary semester in my time as a teacher. I hope at the end of it all you are planning some type of holiday where you can recharge your battery and reset into our new normal in Aotearoa. Craig and I are off to the Coromandel.

As a lecturer I want to thank you students for being so flexible during this time. We have much to be sad about: lack of face to face contact in classes and in the corridors; we’ve missed our community lunches and participating in chapel onsite.

Yet, we have also found greater connection with distance students and I was one who enjoyed zoom and seeing you at home. I love that mums could attend lectures while feeding a baby, that we were able to have video on or off; there were greater choices.
So, as you finish final assignments, take time to celebrate the good and look forward to new learning (hopefully onsite and by zoom) next semester.

Sarah Harris
Need an injection of encouragement?
Take 3 minutes to listen to King and Country's take on our theme for the year.

MONDAY WORSHIP - 9am
"Come to me all who are weary"

Join us for an encouraging time as we are led by a number of our students in our Monday Worship session.

https://zoom.us/j/865918308
Meeting ID: 865 918 308

This is the final Chapel session for Semester One.
Get along at 12:30pm for some hanging out time, and a little bit of fun! You bring your lunch, we’ll bring the fun.

https://zoom.us/j/450933146
Meeting ID: 450 933 146

PLANNING WHAT LEARNING AND TEACHING LOOKS LIKE AT CAREY INTO THE FUTURE - $50 to WIN

The teaching team are currently looking at ways in which our Carey strategy and values inform our teaching practices now and into the future.

In particular we have been reflecting on the last semester of online teaching and considering what aspects of that might be useful to carry forward. An important part of that discernment piece is being able to hear from YOU, our students! We would love to know what you think about how learning best occurs for you and how we can best meet the needs of both our onsite and distance students.

Please take a few short minutes to share your thoughts on this survey about learning and teaching at Carey. There are two $50 Prezzy vouchers up for grabs as well!

Your VOICE matters!

ACADEMIC SUPPORT

As you head into final assessments, please remember that we are here to help!

• Speak with your teachers if you are uncertain about assessment questions
  • talk to the library team if you need help finding resources or have questions about referencing (!!)
  • use the 10 Essentials on CareyOnline
  • get in touch with us if you would like some additional writing support
  • talk to one of the student support team (Reti, Sandy, Siong, Carol, Liz, Neroli).

We are here to help!

REMINDER - HARDSHIP FUND

Carey has access to the Hardship Fund for Learners. This is a fund available to provide temporary financial assistance if you are facing hardship due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, and your ability to study has been affected.

Find out more here

REMINDER - TECHNOLOGY ACCESS FUND

Carey still has funds available for any student who has limited or no access to technology-enabled learning. 

Find out more here 

The Library hours for this week are:

9am - 5pm Monday to Friday

10am – 12.30pm Saturday