News

Week 12 @ Carey - Final Newsletter of 2019

Week 12 @ Carey - Final Newsletter of 2019

删除的用户 -
回帖数:0
WEEK 12      

READING OUT LOUD 

The lectures for 2019 finish today! As you head off soon for placement, work, or rest, lecturers move into a short season of marking and then into research and writing. This is the fuel for our teaching as we are still learners, and it is so exciting to engage with new ideas and see how they might fit into the curriculum. Alongside every faculty member, I have a pretty heavy load of due dates coming up and would appreciate your prayers.

Our first task is to clarify what it is we are trying to say and then carefully edit our work into a readable style. It is the same process you undergo for your essays. Editing is undoubtably the hardest part of writing. I thought I would tell you how I approach this task, with the hope it helps some of you as you finish the semester.

I read my essay out loud and that helps me see what is working or what sounds awkward or is simply not working at all. Reading out loud helps me to hear repetitions which need to be eliminated. Finally, it helps me consider the order of my argument. Editing is hard work, but the results are worth it.

Happy writing and editing everyone!

Sarah Harris

CHAPEL HAS FINISHED FOR THE YEAR 

See you next year!

COMMUNITY LUNCHES

Final lunch for the year will be on Monday.
NO LUNCH ON TUESDAY.

SASS FREE LUNCH

Tuesday 5th 12pm

SASS are putting on a 'FREE' lunch (cause you've sort of paid for it in your fees....).

Food is provided from multiple cultures by wonderful people who are helping make this a great time of hospitality and whanaungatanga. Come and celebrate together, and no need to bring anything just yourselves and your happiness (or your pain, cause we're an inclusive bunch).

See you all there! (as in, all welcome). Any questions contact Nui or Caleb.

2020 TIMETABLE IS OUT!!

Click on the image to find out more.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION - ASSESSMENTS

All students must hand in assessments by Friday 15th November 2019.

Note: the one week/two week late submission does not work at the end of the semester.

Neroli is on leave until Monday 11th November. You can talk with her then but in the meantime - it's assignment writing time!

CONTINUING STUDENTS

"No Form - No Enrolment" says Neroli

To enrol for next year fill in the Continuing Student form on Careyonline and send this to Neroli. Call her or email her to set up a time to discuss your options with her.
OR,
Call her first to discuss your options, then fill in the form.
Chocolate awaits....

SESSION NEXT TUESDAY
Neroli will be in the Chapel 1pm - 2pm next Tuesday if you want to meet with her then to discuss the timetable/options.

Due date for enrolling is 4th December 2019

PEER WRITING ASSISTANTS 2020

Are you a strong academic writer?
Do you enjoy helping other students with their writing?
Would you like to be part of our Peer Writing Assistants programme for 2020?

We are looking for second and third year students who would like to be part of this student support initiative next year.
If you are interested in finding out more, please let Rob Ayres know (rob.ayres@carey.ac.nz). Ngā mihi nui.
Many blessings for the future...wherever God leads you.
Or, "see you again", for those returning to Carey next year!

LIBRARY HOURS

The Library will be open normal hours until Friday 15th November 2019.

Monday                     9am - 5:00pm
Tuesday – Thursday  8:30 - 6:30pm
Friday                        9am - 5:00pm
Saturday                   10:00am - 12:30pm

Please return all library books and locker keys by Friday 29th November 2019.
"The Lord bless you and keep you;
the Lord make his face shine on you
    and be gracious to you;
the Lord turn his face toward you
    and give you peace."

Numbers 6: 24-26