News

Week 8 @ Carey

Week 8 @ Carey

Deleted user發表於
Number of replies: 0
WEEK 8      
Recently I heard that someone who I had met years ago had died. It made me stop, remember and reflect.

She was someone who did not stand out in the crowd and yet in getting to know her I found a depth and a creativity which I came to value.  Life had struggles and she often didn’t fit in.  One of the things I admired was her creativity - particularly with pottery but also with paints.

Later when I found in a bookmark a figure I really wanted re- created I thought of her - eventually asking her if she could create it in pottery for me.  She did and I’ve had it ever since - it continues to sit on my window ledge here in my office today. I’m glad I took the time to get alongside her and find the gift that was her.

Her death reminded me afresh to look out for those that can often be over looked and to thank God for the value they add in my life. ?    

Neroli Hollis

CHAPEL - The Stuff Joy is Made Of

It is bound to be a creative space in Chapel this week with Rachel Roche leading us as we consider the staff joy is made of. Come and See for yourself.

COMMUNITY LUNCHES

Join us as a community for lunches on Monday and Tuesday in the Wharekai
Monday 12.40pm
Tuesday 12pm

Our chef Karen cooks up a storm for us and its free!

WEDNESDAY PRAYER MEETING 

This week Mike Crudge will be leading us in a time of prayer for one another, our community and nation. 

WORKSHOP ON THESIS (& LARGE DOCUMENT) FORMATTING

Thursday October 17, 1-4pm with Sue Knox

If you think there’s any chance of you (or people you know) ever needing to format a thesis or large document this free workshop at Carey Baptist College is for you! Sue Knox is an expert in this field and we are thrilled to have her back on campus. Her input can make the daunting task of formatting a breeze and save you much unnecessary head- and heart-ache. Please RSVP to Phil at phil.halstead@carey.ac.nz

We highly recommend that you attend as it will save you a lot of time.

CASTING CALL FOR NEW PARIHAKA MUSICAL 

Mt Albert Baptist is returning to its musical roots with a new stage show The Way of the Raukura – A Parihaka Musical.

Auditions are being held on Saturday 19 October for a new stage musical telling the incredible true story of the grace extended to soldiers during the 1881 invasion of the pacifist village Parihaka, nestled in the foothills of Mt Taranaki.

Are you interested in auditioning?? Check out this link for all the information. Please spread the word to other talented people you may know.

http://www.mabc.org.nz/parihaka-musical
Spread the word | bring a friend who you think would benefit from study at Carey.

Starting with our famous Bagel Breakfast at 8am.
Come and celebrate our students completing their training programmes:

Pastoral Leadership
Youth Pastoral Leadership
Mission Track
Intermission
Ethnic Ministry Training

24 October | Royal Oak Baptist church

More Information here

LIBRARY HOURS

Library hours are as follow:
Monday – Thursday  8:30-6:30pm
Friday                        9am-5:00pm
Saturday                   10:00am-12:30pm

LIBRARY BOOK SALE

Three big boxes of books have just been delivered to the library and will be on sale.
come and check them out.
 Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death. For what the law was powerless to do because it was weakened by the flesh, God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh to be a sin offering.
Romans 8: 1-3 NIV